I first discovered podcasts when I was in high school. At the time, there was no Ravelry, no Youtube and no Facebook. I had read about podcasts in the various knitting magazines I was into at the time, and was fascinated that people would create these shows just to talk about knitting.
Fast forward a good number of years and podcasts are a firm fixture in my life. I love that come are audio only, whereas others are on Youtube. Each and every one that I listen to gives me new ideas and inspiration, and I often find myself looking at show notes to find the names of dyers that I want to check out. Podcasts can be a fantastic way of discovering new dyers, patterns and techniques, and I thought I would share a few of my favourites with you today.
- Dairyland Knits – Top spot has to go to the fantastic Josh and his podcast all about his knitting adventures in Wisconsin. I always enjoy Josh’s podcast, it is always full of new yarns, new dyers and little bits of information. Josh also talks about his experiences of living in Germany,and I could quite happily listen to him speaking German all day long. Occasional sentences are clearly not enough. His podcasts are weekly, and cover all sorts – from knitting to canning and orchids. He also knits the most beautiful items. Check out his Ravelry group here.
- Little Bobbins Knits- This podcast is hosted by the lovely Dani, and it first caught my attention as she is from England. It is always nice to see a fairly local knitter and to learn about what yarn they have been buying. She always has lovely projects to show, and she also has a shop.Her Ravelry group is here.
- Cast On – This was the first podcast that I fell in love with. Brenda has such a soothing voice, is the perfect audio companion for your knitting adventures. Her very last podcast may have been in October, but with 132 episodes to catch up on, you’ll be fine for a while.
- Knitting in Circles – This is a recent discovery for me. Aimee and Darren share their knitting and spinning projects every week, and with Episode 151 being their most recent – I have lots of catching up to do. Their Ravelry group is here.
- Mole Knits – This is the first venture into podcasting featuring myself and my friend Amy, and as such it has an honorary spot on my list. If you feel like listening to two Brits as they stumble through their first podcast then please do. We also have a Ravelry group.
Which podcasts are you loving right now?