Having spent most of my teen years working in various greetings card shops, I am always aware of the holidays and how close they are to all of the other holidays. Valentines Day always seemed to sneak up on me though. Maybe it was that I became accustomed to seeing all of the red cards, envelopes and wrapping paper that also came with Christmas. Once again it has managed to sneak up on me, so I thought that I would compile a little list for you of great Valentines Day gift ideas for the special knitter in your life (and there is nothing wrong with that special knitter being you!)
1. “Tahitian Sunset” Merino/Silk sock yarn by Wren House Yarns – Okay, so you may not be able to whisk the one you love off to Tahiti just yet, but why not bring the Tahitian sunset to them. This yarn is pink enough to suggest all that is expected on Valentines Day, but without seeming cliche or overdone. I love this colour combination, and the pairing of 80% superwash merino and 20% silk creates a lovely, soft yarn. It is the perfect way to tell any knitter that you love them. Photo from the Wren House Yarns Etsy page.
2. ringOs in ‘Boys Wink’ by Fripperies & Bibelots – My stitch marker collection is ever growing, and I have been looking at these for a while now. Fripperies & Bibelots sell these in so many different colour combinations and name them just like dyers name their colourways. These brightly coloured markers would be perfect for a wide range of projects and come in the adorable tin as pictured. There are 10 in a set and are made of lightweight anodised aluminium rings, adorned with beautiful seed beads which are glued in place over the join. Photo from the Fripperies & Bibelots Etsy page.
3. Crochet Project Bag by A Needle Runs Through It – This large project bag makes my heart race a little, and it may well become a Valentines day gift to myself. As a knitter who has always wanted to crochet and is finally dipping her toe in the water, this makes me remember to keep practising because of how badly I want a crochet blanket. The colours are amazing and I love that this bag is big enough to fit anything from socks or mittens to a lace shawl with room for all of the essential extras. You can never have too many project bags,and you could always fill it with a skein of yarn to make it an extra special gift! Photo from the A Needle Runs Through It Etsy page.
4. Knit Pro Marble Interchangeable Needle Set Limited Edition – Knit Pro, or Knitters Pride depending on which side of the pond you are on, have released these beautiful interchangeable needles. They are the perfect present for knitters who deserve a little luxury. This set includes 8 pairs of interchangeable needles, four cables, a needle sizer and a set of cable connectors…perfect for the knitter with numerous WIPs.
5. Constellation Drop Spindle by Hiloris Yarnorium – This item combines two of my biggest interests – fibre crafts and space. I fell in love with this drop spindle the second it popped up on my Etsy feed, and I already know that one will be working its way to my home very soon. I have picked the Pisces constellation as that one is mine, and the coolest thing about this spindle? The constellation glows in the dark! This is one of the most interesting designs I have seen, and would be perfect for a beginner or intermediate spinner. Photo from the Hiloris Yarnorium Etsy page.
What would you like to receive for Valentines Day?